This website belongs exclusively to Roger Dénarnaud, “l’Artiste”.
Will my artwork look the same as the online version?
• The artwork will look better in real life than online.
• Images on computer screens are backlit, whereas the actual pieces reflect light.
• Color accuracy of actual paintings may vary from computer image.
• Size and canvas quality also allows you to perceive a larger color spectrum and greater detail.
• The actual art piece is invariably superior to its computer image.
You understand and agree that The Artist is making all possible and reasonable efforts to display the colors of his works accurately on his website. However, and because individual computer monitors may display colors differently, The Artist is not responsible for the color accuracy of his works on your computer monitor and waives all liability in this regard.
Will the artwork be framed when I receive it?
• Almost all of the art pieces available on Roger Dénarnaud’s website are delivered unframed.
• For those pieces that are framed, the information will be included in the description of the art piece, next to the price.
What is a Certificate of Authenticity?
• Every piece of work sold by the artist is mailed with an invoice and a Certificate of Authenticity.
• This document contains details about the art piece you bought, including the artist’s signature.
Who holds the copyright to the piece once I purchase it?
• The artist always retains complete copyright to his work and his image.
• Copyright law states that copyright does not transfer to art buyers.
Therefore, you will not be allowed to reproduce the work or imagery of The Artist in any way, and on any medium, without explicit written permission from the Artist.
What does it mean when art is made in editions?
• Certain pieces of art -mostly printmaking- are labeled as either “limited edition” or “open edition.”
• Limited edition pieces are produced in a set limited quantity.
• Open edition artworks are not limited in quantity.
• In both cases, each piece in the edition is considered an original.
• Limited edition works are generally more valuable because of the limited number available.
New custom orders
• You can also order from the artist a new work of art that is not on the website.
• The artist can create a work in oil, watercolor or ink, from a photo you send him, or make a painting on a theme of your choice.
• Similarly, if one of his works has already been sold, the artist can make a copy of it, not absolutely identical, but in the same spirit, in the dimensions that suit you, and within a time frame to be agreed upon (drying and varnishing time being taken into account).
• A deposit of 20% of the agreed price will be required to start the work, the balance to be paid when the order is completed and you have approved the photo of the completed work. Delivery will be made upon receipt of the balance of your payment.
Authenticity and payment
• All works of the artist are accompanied by a certificate of authenticity signed and dated, and an invoice.
• The payment can be made by PayPal (strongly recommended), or with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card.
• When an order is placed, The Artist will ship it to the address provided, within 1 to 15 days of receipt of your payment.
• Each work of art will be shipped by UPS or FedEx, upon receipt of your payment.
• Unless specified on the website next to the description of the art piece, each piece will be shipped unframed.
• The shipping tracking number will be emailed to you and you will be asked to sign to accept the delivery.